Eating disordering of bodies. How can (male) eating disorders become otherwise?
Piotr Maron, Dr Kari Lancaster, prof. Tim Rhodes
Center for Social Research in Health, University of New South Wales, Sydney
The study aims to investigate how male eating disorders are represented and constructed in Australian health care practices. Furthermore, the project aims to explore how and in what ways the concept of maleness is engaged in discourses around eating disorders.
Interviews are looking at:
- evidencing and clinical practices around eating disorders;
- how clinicians introduce medical management of eating disorders;
- how they negotiate what path to take in treating eating disorders;
- what kinds of tool and resources they use in their work.
For qualitative interviews we are looking for the following participants with at least one experience of consulting a patient diagnosed with an eating disorder:
- General Practicioners (GPs),
- mental health nurses,
- or some other accredited specialist clinicians working in eating disorders treatment.
If you are interested in participating in the study please contact Piotr Maron on email@example.com or via contact form below